Want to reduce Stress? Listen to this song.
We all need control over stress no matter how well we pull ourselves together.
According to Dr. David Lewis-Hodgson of Mindlab International, which conducted the research, the top song produced a greater state of relaxation than any other music tested to date.
In fact, listening to that one song — “Weightless” — resulted in a striking 65 percent reduction in participants’ overall anxiety, and a 35 percent reduction in their usual physiological resting rates.
Of the top track, Dr. David Lewis-Hodgson said, “‘Weightless’ was so effective, many volunteers became drowsy and it would advise against driving while listening to the song because it could be dangerous.”
So, don’t drive while listening to these, but do take advantage of them:
- “We Can Fly,” by Rue du Soleil (Café Del Mar)
- “Canzonetta Sull’aria,” by Mozart
- “Someone Like You,” by Adele
- “Pure Shores,” by All Saints
- “Please Don’t Go,” by Barcelona
- “Strawberry Swing,” by Coldplay
- “Watermark,” by Enya
- “Mellomaniac (Chill Out Mix),” by DJ Shah
- “Electra,” by Airstream
- “Weightless,” by Marconi Union
There’s also a free 10-hour version of “Weightless” available if you want a longer listening experience.
Book an appointment with New Hampshire Hypnosis by calling (603)589-8033 or do it online in the form below.